Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What I needed was a nice long map--er, nap

Tuesday morning came much too early. Part of the problem is I struggled to keep my eyes open at 7 pm last night. I should have just gone to bed.

The hubby brewed our first Maui coffee... yum. And I was so busy Blogging that I missed my lanai sunrise writing time. Drat!
So I guess I'm not as settled in as I would like to think I am.

We jumped in our Jeep and headed UpCountry, taking a right at the Makawao turnoff toward Kula. We wanted to see our other B&Bs option. It was a big ohana place with a wonderful view but completely deserted.

The only sign of Gabby was . . . well, the only sign you know a dog's been there.
After visiting the abandoned Upcountry B&B we headed over to Makawao for lunch. The local wildlife was very friendly and came right up to us.


On our way to Komoda Bakery for cream puffs and an apple pie for our guests who arrive tonight, we came across this creature. He is as big as he seems.



I guess the big news it that we've traded in our adventure jeep for a ho-hum Taurus sedan. We've got 4 adults and the adventure jeep isn't going to cut it.


We returned to the condo where there were hours of reading and a nice long nap. Okay, so maybe it was only 20 minutes but that's a good nap for me.


We had a bite to eat for dinner and headed out to pick up Cousin A and J at the airport. They came in from Iowa--a very, very long flight--and we imagined they'd be very, very tired, which they were.

We sat on the lanai, in the dark, for some hours catching up before going to bed.
We don't have any solid plans while they're here. We just want them to enjoy themselves and have a good time.

No comments: