Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunday, Day of Rest

I was saved from making Thai food omelets by another “new obsession” of DirtBoy's: Pancakes. Specifically, coconut syrup covered pancakes. Did you know that it is served in single servings?



A lazy day for all of us. I finished reading my book and Mrs. DirtBoy finished reading Honeymoon Husband.



The boys had Maui Thai leftovers for lunch. At two in the afternoon we headed down to the Shops at Wailea. We say many, many pretty things. I believe I found the outdoor turtle sculpture I’ve been looking for our courtyard. Mrs. DirtBoy and I refused the champagne showing at Bernard K Passman collectables. No, no, please don’t bother to send the car for us.



We traveled next to the Grand Wailea to see the lovely grounds. I pointed out inspiration spots where Honeymoon Husband events took place. She was excited to “see” them for herself because she’d just read about it. To have one’s parking validated one must . . . DirtBoy claimed that we needed to keep "hydrated."



Then onto Kea Lani where we saw the “island” boy run around, blow his conch, and light torches just before dusk. There are a LOT of torches and I’m sure he gets quite a workout.



We dined at my favorite restaurant Nick’s Fishmarket. We only had three waiters at our table this evening. They had a “working man‘s special“ that consisted of three delicious courses for $39. “Bill” the head waiter had a nifty way of pouring beer into a glass and warned the gentlemen at our table “do not try this at home.” As a matter of fact he didn’t want anyone talking to him while he performed the trick. Nick’s is still my favorite place for dinner.


It was well into the night, 7pm, by the time we got home. We sat on the lanai in the cool night air for a bit longer. We heard the Upstairs Neighbors and their guests playing dominos. We heard the distinctive clicking of the tiles, their laughter filled the night as we slumbered away.

No comments: