Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cotton Pickin’ Cherry Picker

Friday - Hubby took his run and I played with the Kindle. I downloaded sample chapters from a book. It was fun to play with the buttons and I enjoyed reading on the small, handheld machine. After reading the sample chapters I know I do not want to spend money purchasing the book and will visit my local library to check it out.



The cloudy storm, whatever that was last night, was gone this morning. It’s still a bit gray outside. The other surprise is we have no Internet. We decide to run to the store for milk. On our way to the store we see …



Every time there’s trouble - no power, no Internet - what do we see? Those cherry pickers. I have to say that the problem is fixed wiki-wiki and I’m glad they have the necessary equipment to make the repairs but I dread seeing them.

We spent the afternoon with the Upstairs Neighbors and their guests. The guests are leaving this afternoon so the men went down to the Five Palms for a last Mai Tai and the women headed out for lunch. We ate at the Four Seasons' restaurant Ferraro's. It sits next to the beach. We had quesadillas and various island-fruit-enhanced lemonades.



We’re sad to see half our group leave. They’re headed out to Florida, a very long flight from Maui. We had such a good time and hope they’ll be back in a few years to visit again. If not we’ll see you in San Diego!

After they left we trudged over to the Upstairs Neighbor’s fridge to see our future. They’d been telling us how well they’ve been doing with their food rations. Apparently with the addition of their guest’s other fridge, contents were now overflowing.



So begins the “leftovers” portion of our vacation, where we do our best to dispose of eatables in our kitchens. I think we did an okay job this year but are we doomed to share our Upstairs Neighbor’s fate? I was hoping to go out for one of these...


No comments: