Thursday, November 5, 2009

Losing Track

What day is it? One day in the condo and I’m already lost. I guess part of me feels like I‘ve always been here while mentally I know I‘ve just arrived. I’m already forgetting what day it is.

Today, I was up early, showered late, too tired to write, and did some, but not a lot of, reading.

The hubby went out for a run. By the time he returned and everyone was ready to go, we headed out for breakfast. I have no idea what time that was. We took Dirtboy and Mrs. Dirtboy on a tour of main street Kihei and pointed out the highlights. We stopped in at Foodland and picked up some staples. We also got a collection of fruits: papaya, mango, and a few unusual ones: star fruit, apple-banana, and dragon fruit.



After a bit of a rest at home, they decided to head out for a bit of sightseeing. They headed south… can‘t go too far that way... then headed north and ended up at the Iao Needle. Hubby and I read and napped. I have a feeling I napped more than he did.



Our guests returned by 3pm. Mrs. Dirtboy and I cut up the fruit to take it upstairs for puu-puus at 4pm. The upstairs friends had a bunch of guests; there were 10 of us in all and almost not enough chairs. The condo association wouldn’t have liked it that we moved our chairs from one unit to the other…so don’t tell them.

We were going to have the “how long will it take for the sun to go down” competition but the clouds on the horizon prevented that contest. Our small foursome left to have dinner at the Five Palms Restaurant. (oh, you can see the table where we sat on the right side of their homepage picture.) Mrs. Dirtboy was so brave and had the Trio of Fish prepared three different ways. She’s not a fan of fish but seemed to enjoy it.

We all had had a long day. I know, I did almost nothing, but I had spent the same amount of hours awake or very nearly so. I did not finish reading my book but expect to do so and start another tomorrow.

It’s 6:30am Thursday now and I’ve got to get to my spot on the lanai to write.

No comments: