Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Start of a new week

Monday, November 7th

Sunday was a late night for everyone. We're all moving slow.


Dirtboy and Mrs. Dirtboy drove to the Iao Needle. It’s still there for those of you who are wondering. Not sure what other adventure they may have run into on their way home.



We met upstairs at 4pm for drinks. The ladies were at the dining room table occupied at various pursuits: embroidery, solitaire, reading, and crossword puzzles. The men were on the lanai trying to stir up trouble. There was much discussion over dinner plans and we used Open Table to arrange our reservations.


We are lucky enough to be here for the start of Wailea Restaurant Week, where each participating restaurant has agreed to make a contribution to the Maui Food Bank for every prix fixe entree sold.

Our choice for this evening was:











Mrs. Dirtboy and I started with chi-chis. The boys... beer and wine. A BIG downside to ordering beer and wine are... they don't come with little paper umbrellas.


There were seasoned rice cakes and crushed edamame garnish to sample while we decided what to order.





We ordered: Tempura Ahi Oichi Sushi and "Lumpia" (pork and chicken spring rolls)

NOTE: Tempura sushi is one of the best things I've eaten. I don't even like sushi.





Ono and Walu prepared: grilled, macadamia nut coated, and seared pan-fried.

I've decided I like Ono better than Walu. Only took me two years...

This picture shows the purple potato puree our MidWestern guest LOVED.


For dessert: Portuguese Sweet Bread Pudding, Wailea Estate Chocolate Baked custard and Plantation Pineapple Cake

I have to say that the Pineapple Cake is one of the best things I've ever eaten. However . . . it did not make me cry.

Dirtboy had such a good meal he wants to return. I reminded him that there are 15 other restaurants that participate in Wailea Restaurant Week. We have our work cut out for us.

No comments: