Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Last Things To Do Before We Leave



Monday, November 14th:




I can't believe we only have three more days. We're thinking about cleaning out our fridge and gathering our belongings.








It's not that bad. Our fridge really looks more like the pic on the left.

We've been very good about buying only the items we need.





I'm making a real effort to read as many books as I can. This is the only time where I can spend hours at a time reading. It feels wonderful!

Hubby and Mrs. Dirtboy spend some time reading too. And Dirtboy? Well, he has fun doing other things to keep himself occupied.



“Someone” has a bit more work to do, and “Mrs. Someone” isn’t all that pleased about it . . . again.


We have reservations at Spago tonight located at the Four Seasons Resort . Spago was my favorite restaurant last year. I can't wait to see how it measures up this year.


This is pretty much where we sat. Our table overlooked the water and the beautiful Four Season's grounds as well.




We heard the conch blown in the background at sunset, and the torchlighter ran about setting fire to the torches.


Our waiter, Mattew, told us he hailed from the San Francisco area and had relocated to Maui a month ago. I hope he's having a good time on the islands. The service was wonderful. Actually . . . the Four Season's, Spago and DUO, had the best service during this year's trip.


Before ordering there was a taste of Thai Coconut soup presented in a demitasse set before each of us.

I remembered the soup samples they handed out between courses last year. The tomato soup was on this year's menu. Was I willing to pay $22 for a bowl of tomato soup? I'm pretty sure I could make a meal of it with the homemade breads they pass out: caramelized Maui onion focaccia, sourdough, sourdough with rosemary, Kalamata wheat (with olive), and garlic flat bread.












Hubby was compelled to order the Aviation drink.

He also asked for the Spiced Ahi Tuna "Poke" in Sesame-Miso cones. I think I saw a tear roll out of his eye when he bit into one. Yes, it was that good.


Spago did not participate in this year's Wailea Restaurant Week but they did offer a Three Course Prix Fixe sunset menu for $49. After looking over both, we decided on the regular menu.


He ordered the pan seared Ahi.







Mrs. Dirtboy had caramelized Pork Chops with Maui onion and papaya accompanied by baby bok choy and a Maui sweet potato puree.






Dirtboy and I both ordered the Thai Seafood & Pineapple Coconut Red Curry. It came in a little covered bowl, served with brown and Jasmine rice and a trio of chutneys: spicy, coconut, and sweet.

This was so, so, so, so, so good.




We declined the dessert . . . we have Hubby's Birthday cake from a few days before and my Haupia ice cream to finish. When Mattew brought the bill, he also brought this goodie.

There was no room for Haupia ice cream and cake after I ate my snickerdoodle and sweet blackberry.

Mrs. Dirtboy and I are reconsidering the bowl of soup. Dare we go back for dinner once again before we leave?

Just so you know, the dinner off the regular menu was a bit more expensive than the three course meal from the Prix Fixe menu. So I guess the Prix Fixe is a better deal for the diner.

No comments: