Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day Two

Friday, November 4th


We’re still adjusting to life on the island. Hubby and I are moving slow. We stopped in at Foodland and picked up lunch.





I’m trying to work on my first Blog entry. I’m satisfied with a looong cable that runs across the living to the dining room. Hubby says we have WiFi… we have unsecured WiFi . . . which I’m not too happy about. .. I’ll stick with my cable, thank you.


No, no, no. Hubby has to set up the router and get everything working all right and tight. Okay… there was about an hour when we had no signal and he wasn’t sure there was ever going to be a signal. Did I tell you that I was okay with the cable?

I was trying to figure out where I could go and borrow a computer to make the first and last blog entry-I have no internet access and I cannot blog this year.

An hour later he’s got it all working. I have no idea what he did, to break, or to fix this problem but we have unsecured WiFi and I’m still using the cable.

I would have liked to have read my book. I would have liked to have napped. I ended up writing all day which was wonderful but I would have liked to have done something vacation-like. Oh, well, there is always tomorrow.

We were expecting our guests this afternoon. They’ll be in at 4pm. No, they’re going to be early 3:30pm. They’re having some plane problem and they’ve been delayed an hour. No, half hour. No, it’s an hour, really.

It’s the return of Dirtboy and Mrs. Dirtboy! They’d stayed with us a couple years ago and we had a great time.



After returning from the airport we ran upstairs to say Hi to the neighbors. They were eating in, bbq chicken, I think, and we were heading out for … we weren’t sure. We ended up at The Shops at Wailea and enjoyed the prix fixe menu at Longhi’s. We've been there once, don't have to go back.





I think the DirtCouple had been up for over 24 hours by now. They were tired and ready for bed. We headed home and it was Hawaiian Pleasant Dreamin’ for them. Hubby and I soon followed… we made it all the way til 8pm!

No comments: