Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Out and About

Tuesday, November 9th:

There was a complex plan laid out for today. Everyone had their own time schedules and all 10 of us would meet at 1pm at the Kula Lodge for lunch.





It involved some of us heading up the volcano. Some were out running or biking. Others reading or swimming.








Then there were others of our group who felt under the weather and had to stay home.








We had lunch by two in the afternoon and then headed down to Makawao. I headed to Maui Masters Jewelers, my favorite jewelry store in town. They always have interesting gems and settings. They had a pair of pink sapphire earring that temped me but really . . . I consider myself too old to wear pink.




We had to rush to Komodo’s Bakery, they didn’t have much left by the time we got there. We managed to purchase a dozen, or so, cream puffs and many stick donuts. I just found out they’re only open Mon-Tues and Thurs-Fri. I think one needs to be there when they open at 7am to get the best selections. Many items sell out fast.





Our group split again and a pair headed off into the jungle. The rest of us weren’t sure we’d see them again. There were some bets that they wouldn’t be back until the next morning. Some of us thought they would never arrive at their destination.


We made it home just in time to rest a bit before we headed out to dinner. Yes, it seemed to me too that we had just eaten. This evening we had reservations at MaLa located at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort. Julie waited on us. She was a real kick. We asked for the Restaurant Week Prix-Fixe menu.




The table was divided over drinks: 2 chi-chis and 2 pina coladas. The consensus: chi-chis were better



All of us chose the Crispy Coconut Shrimp. They served two, which were some of the best I’ve ever had, but it seemed more like there were four.






Two of us had the grilled Rib Eye steak, Hubby had the Avalon Seared Sashimi, IT WAS RAW, and I ordered the Chicken Balinese Stir Fry.






I supposed dessert they offered was outstanding because there wasn’t a choice. Mala’s Key Lime Pie. I’m not a huge fan but this was really, really good. Yes, they were right, no choice was necessary.

No comments: