Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Lazy Saturday


Saturday, November 5th

The morning just slipped by. We understood it was to rain for four days, and although it clouds up and is very windy at times, we have yet to see any showers.





The men are watching some college football upstairs. The ladies in my condo unit are relaxing. I feel sorry for the two ladies who are sharing space with the men. It cannot be quiet. Maybe they’re watching too… I don’t know.


I’ve been suffering through this book for a month . . . the one I’m reading, not the one I’m writing. I’ve decided to put it aside and move on. The old book is by a famous author and lots of people love it . . . I feel bad that I cannot be one of them.

I move on to my stack of old, worn Traditional Regency Romances. An hour later I’m 100 pages into a new book. I never read that far into the last one. I’m looking forward to finishing this one and picking up the next.

NOTE: on the Traditional Regency Romances . . . many authors, Regency authors, are now releasing their old Regencies on ebooks. Now I’ll be able to read those books I’ve never been able to locate: Joan Smith, Marion Chesney, and even Patricia Veryan has one.

Mrs. Dirtboy is an avid Kindle reader and we’ve spent much time discussing the pros and cons of Kindle vs. books and comparing our Kindle and the newly released Kindle devices.



Hubby’s coworkers arrive and we introduce them to POG. Hubby says they must know about it because they’ve been here for three days. I maintain POG is not common knowledge. We have to explain the ingredients, they sample it, and now I’m lucky if I have enough for tomorrow.




We have dinner plans this evening, meeting some of Hubby’s coworkers at Maui Thai, located at the Rainbow Mall in Kihei. I recall this was one of Dirtboy’s favorite places to eat.




We’re out until 8pm! We’re so tired we are turning into papayas… Everyone is off to bed. There’s an off-island, day trip planned for tomorrow to see the volcano. And I hear from Dirtboy there is a planned sacrifice.


No comments: